A new site, a new release! We've been working very hard on a new web site that would contain more code samples
and answers to questions
. We've also made it easier to find the information you need by creating different, easy-to-understand categories, but also through better search functionality and the use of tags.
We are now releasing iText 5.5.8 and we've reorganized the source code. The projects itextpdf, pdfa, xtra, and xmlworker, are now all in one place: itext/itextpdf
. You'll have to make small changes to your development environment if you import the iText source code.
iText 5.5.8 fixes a problem with digital signatures that was accidentally introduced in version 5.5.7. While we were at it, we also improved the verification of OCSP responses. There were also problems when signing PDFs that are compliant with the PDF/A-2, PDF/A-3 and ZUGFeRD standard. Those are now fixed.
Other improvements involve:
- Fonts: there were issues with some Noto fonts, we fixed the range of characters in the ToUnicode table, we provided a fallback mechanism in case of absent OS/2 tables,
- Annotations: fixed some scaling issues and some flattening problems when skew and rotation are involved,
- PdfReader: fixed partial reading when a PDF file is imported as a byte array,
- Tagged PDF: fixed a problem with the structure tree when using page events,
- Page labels: we received code contributions from Nick Park that improve page label extraction.
You'll find the full list of changes in the changelog
We also have a new RUPS release. You can now click a stream in tree view to inspect its contents in a new window. This allows the user to keep a stream open while looking at other information such as the resources (fonts, XObjects, images,...) used by the stream.