IMPORTANT: READ THIS BEFORE YOU UPGRADE!
- If you use CJK fonts in your existing code, you will need to update the itext-asian.jar. You'll find this jar in extrajars-2.2.zip.
- If you use AWT classes such as
AffineTransform, you should switch to using the classes in package
- If you use AWT-related classes such as
PdfGraphics2D in your existing code, you'll have to make a minor change to your code. This class has moved to another package:
- Changes made by Paulo Soares
- Digital signatures: Encapsulation of the basic OCSP response and correction for the CRL inclusion.
- Support for PAdES-LVT timestamp verification.
- Support digests in timestamps other than SHA-1.
- Unification of cmap handling. CJK fonts support all the encodings.
- Support for big PDFs over 2GB; you can now create 10GB PDFs with a classic cross-reference table and PDFs as big as 1TB with a cross-reference stream. (Suggestions by Welman Jordan)
- Added classes to
- PDF Parsing:
- Made the
getFont() method in
- Text extraction with CJK encodings such as GBK-EUC-H is now possible.
- Several fixes when reading documents with fonts using the
- Fix for strange numbers such as --234
- Resource dictionaries may have direct fonts.
- Changes made by Kevin Day
- PdfReader and related classes:
- Better error messages and better handling zero sized files and attempts to read past the end of the file.
- Removed restriction that using memory mapping requires the file be smaller than ~2GB.
- PDF parsing:
- Made a utility method in
pdfContentStreamProcessor private and clarified the stateful nature of the class
LocationTextExtractionStrategy: bounds checking on string lengths and refactoring to make code easier to read.
- Better handling of color space dictionaries in images.
- improve handling of quasi improper inline image content.
- don't decode inline image streams until we absolutely need them.
NullPointerException of resource dictionary isn't provided.
- Changes made by Eugene Markovskyi
FontWeight is added to font descriptor of
Image position should be shifted on descent of previous line.
BidiLine: Taking into account percentage width of
- Changes made by Alexander Chingarev
PdfName: Added FontFamily tag.
XfaForm: Fixed bug in XFA forms filling.
- Changes made by Bruno
- Making iText more fool-proof: it's forbidden to construct, stroke or fill paths inside a text object.
- AWT-related changes to simplify creating the Android/GAE port of iText:
- Bugfix by Ivan Farkas: Avoiding a
- Moved AWT related methods to the bottom of the source code of several class files (
- Introduce Apache Harmony classes in a package
- Removed several dependencies on AWT classes such as
FontMapper, and related classes to package
- PDF Parsing: The
RegionTextRenderFilter now works with
- PDF Parsing: It doesn't make sense to take zero length text into account; change made after Adam Read reported a StringIndexOutOfBoundsException on the mailing list (December 5, 2011).
PdfConcatenate: removing a
System.out.println() (originally added for debugging).
- Suggestion by Martin Pallmann to move the IllegalArgumentException out of the try/catch in
XML Worker 1.1.2
- Changes made by Balder Van Camp
- Fix indentation of Ordered Lists, list are set to autoindent if they are ordered;
otherwise the numbering would overwrite the listitems text
(bug reported by Stephen Bell on the mailinglist for itext C# version, proposal of a fix by Keith O adapted and added).
- Some javadoc fixes.
- Create abstraction for CssAppliers allowing developers to write their own CssAppliers class
and in turn write their own CssApplier.
The CssAppliers.getInstance() method has been removed in favor of injection
into tag processors through CssAppliersAware interface.
Then injection is done in the HtmlPipeline.
And a custom CssAppliers implementation can be set in the HtmlPipelineContext.
If it's not set the default CssAppliersImpl is used.
This code change should not affect users but can affect classes
that override current implementations.
- Remove quotes from fontfamily names ( based on http://itext-general.2136553.n4.nabble.com/XMLWorker-HTML-to-PDF-problem-with-external-css-td4373089.html )
- Changes made by Jeroen Nouws
- Removed bug causing XMLWorker to crash when trying to parse Headers inside TableData.
- Changes made by Eugene Markovskyi
- Using UNDEFINED value as default for font and color properties. Default leading is NaN.
- Applying font properties to paragraph
- The logic of max leading of paragraph is disabled (iText based logic should use multiplier leading of
- Clean up default margin properties for correct merging of paragraph css styles and para element attributes.
- Separate method for applying of font dependent CSS styles.
- Fixed uppercase/lowercase problems (using
equalsIgnoreCase() and introducing the method
- Fixed RuntimeExcpetion - better handling of invalid nested tags
- Improved parsing of processing instructions.
- FontFactory versus FontProvider: introduced
- Introduction of the class
- Introduction of
"align" in the
- Fixed several alignment, row height and line size issues in table cells.
- Fixed issues with font styles that weren't applied correctly.
- Fixed page break issues.
- ColumnText does not support resizing of image height.
If a cell has a fixed height, an image with larger height disappeared from this cell.
- Fixed white space issues.
- Several code optimalisations.
- Changes made by Bruno Lowagie
- Introduced experimental code to parse SVG to a PdfTemplate. This works for tiger.svg, but it certainly doesn't work for all SVG files yet.
This is a code contribution by VVB who wants to remain anonymous. The code was slightly adapted by Bruno.
- Removed dependencies on java.awt.
- When a tag like this is encountered:
XML Worker tries to make an absolute value of the width. This has now been fixed.