What you'll do
- Become an expert in the features, benefits and applications of the iText products that are being developed in Java and ported to C# automatically;
- Contribute in all phases of the software development lifecycle;
- Design, implement and test a technical solution and document it;
- Help detailing down the tasks and estimate the complexity;
- Be a part of an international Scrum team;
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What you bring:
- At least a Master's degree in computer sciences or equal by experience;
- Strong analytical skills;
- 4+ years software development experience (especially backend software development);
- Thorough knowledge in Java;
- .NET experience is a big plus;
- Experience in open source software;
- Ability to work independently and love working in a development team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Knowledge of Agile methodology.
You will thrive in this role if
- You are passionate about IT, particularly about software development practices, processes and technologies. We are looking for teammates who can speak concretely and passionately about why you want to do this work.
- You are a team and community player: You recognize and value the need to work cross-functionally, internally and externally, and are always looking for ways to “connect the dots”.
- You possess good judgement: You’re able to set goals and priorities with an understanding of tradeoffs.
- You approach work with strong sense of ownership: As a startup, we’re building the plane as we fly it, which means you need to take initiative, have comfort with ambiguity, be open to learning and growing, and execute when things are less than perfect.
- You’re always “on”: You pay attention to the latest trends; you love reading and experimenting. You use these insights to drive your ideas and creativity.
iText is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Europe. The company’s flagship product is an open source software library to create and manipulate PDF documents in Java and .Net(C#). There are currently millions of iText users, both open source and commercial. iText’s customers (software developers, technology vendors, software integrators) range through the fields of technology, financial, public, government and health care sectors including many of the Fortune 500 companies. iText has dedicated international teams with offices in Belgium (Ghent), Asia (Singapore) and in the USA (Boston).
As an international scale-up, we aim for yearly growth that opens many opportunities. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven company, who are not afraid to stretch themselves in a fun environment, and focus on impact and growth.
What we promise you
- Ample learning opportunities (not only in PDF technologies);
- An international atmosphere;
- Great team diversity;
- Rewarding compensation packages;
- and a fun work environment and French Fries on Friday:-)