About the job
What you'll do
- Design test plans, scenarios in Gherkin and write scripts or procedures.
- Automate scenarios by implementing test code in Java and .NET.
- Work on existing test framework to address areas such as software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error retests, or usability.
- Document software defects and report to software developers.
- Identify, analyse, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
- Document test procedures to ensure compliance with standards.
- Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
- Monitor program performance to ensure efficient operations.
- Conduct software compatibility tests.
What you bring
We are looking for a highly motivated new colleague, preferably with a bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent by a 5 year experience.
You are a developer with a knack for Quality or a Quality Engineer with programming skills.
You are excellent in verbal and written communication.
Mathematics, complex problem solving, systems evaluation & analysis ... attract you.
You are known for your strong judgment and decision making.
You will thrive in this role if
- You have a detailed knowledge of Java and/or .NET
- You are an experienced team player who works effectively with others across disciplines, functions and organizations.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of iText or PDF is an asset.
- Knowledge of Groovy, Jenkins, Jira, Cucumber, Gherkin and/or Git is an asset.
iText is a growing company, not just in terms of raw sales figures, but also in terms of expertise, innovation and manpower. Working with iText, you get the opportunity to work within international, decentralized teams in a fast-paced environment, and to attend interesting international conferences and events.
At iText we attach great importance to team play. We often hold team events and host a kickoff event every year with all international staff to ensure our entire team has time to get to know each other.
What we promise you
- Extensive learning opportunities (not only in PDF technologies),
- An international atmosphere with a great team diversity,
- Motivating compensation & benefits program
- Throughout the year you will be invited to several teambuilding and fun activities
- State-of-the-art office space... with even the possibility for some R&R in our fully equipped 'Cosy Corner' (coffee, sodas, fresh fruits and cookies, ...)
- Ability to work in a modern office building and the chance to meet like-minded people, as 'our' tower houses lots of other leading international technology start-ups
- In-house restaurant in the building, with delicious food choice ... with discount for iText employees,
- Easy access for car, bike and public transport ... close by to all main access roads, railway station, ...
- But above all ... a great place to work and terrific colleagues