About the job
What you'll do
iText is currently looking for a new colleague to reinforce the research team. In this role you will have a part in the technological innovation within our company, you will go through field and market research and also will lead the ecosystem of PDF through participation in standardization work. Next to leading change and innovation through trial and error you will also be part of a supportive team towards Product Management and Development.
To maintain iText's pole position, the research team investigates new technologies and products on technical feasibility. This feasibility can be used as input for decisions made by product management, estimating workload, or for roadmap development.
Possible topics of research :
- external add-on analysis, in which the research team takes up the role of an initial QA engineer. The team investigates whether the proposed add-on is up to standards on multiple fronts: specification-wise, performance, and usability. The team advises Product Management on its findings.
- competitor analysis, where the research team takes a look at a competitor to get a feel of their products and reports its findings in a central knowledge base
- product analysis. Similar to the above but not necessarily a product by a competitor. This could as well be a complementary product.
- Explore and investigate new technologies to either come up with a Proof of Concept or a report on the technology.
- Keeping up with current trends/technologies/stack (e.g. vdi)
ISO and standardization commitment
The research team takes the lead in the commitments iText made in several standardization organizations.
These efforts include joining meetings, contributing and reviewing technical standards, and contributing to community efforts related to the standardization organizations.
As part of the research team we expect that your results are share-able; be it internally or externally. This can happen through a few resources (blog posts, documentation, presentations, ...)
What you bring
- Appropriate technical background, knowledge and/or studies
- Several years of relevant working experience (a must)
- Main language on the work floor is English (knowledge of Dutch and French is a plus)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to translate requirements into an implementation and conceptualize ideas
- Agile personality with a healthy dose of inquisitiveness
- Interested in new technology
- Communication skills (presentations, public speaking,…)
- Creativity & entrepreneurship
- Collaborative mindset
You will thrive in this role if
- You are creative and willing to explore
- You have strong interpersonal skills, team player
- You are accustomed to working in a fast-changing environment
- You have a high attention to detail and an eye for quality
- You have excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- You are able to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment
- You are an experienced team player who works effectively with others across disciplines, functions and organizations
iText is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Europe. The company’s flagship product is an open source software library to create and manipulate PDF documents in Java and .Net(C#). There are currently millions of iText users, both open source and commercial. iText’s customers (software developers, technology vendors, software integrators) range through the fields of technology, financial, public, government and health care sectors including many of the Fortune 500 companies. iText has dedicated international teams with offices in Belgium (Ghent), Asia (Singapore and Korea) and in the USA (Boston).
At iText we attach great importance to team play. We often hold team events and host a kickoff event every year with all international staff to ensure our entire team has time to get to know each other.
What we promise you
- Extensive learning opportunities (not only in PDF technologies),
- An international atmosphere with a great team diversity,
- Motivating compensation & benefits program
- Throughout the year you will be invited to several teambuilding and fun activities
- State-of-the-art office space... with even the possibility for some R&R in our fully equipped 'Cosy Corner' (coffee, sodas, fresh fruits and cookies, ...)
- Ability to work in a modern office building and the chance to meet like-minded people, as 'our' tower houses lots of other leading international technology start-ups
- In-house restaurant in the building, with delicious food choice ... with discount for iText employees,
- Easy access for car, bike and public transport ... close by to all main access roads, railway station, ...
- But above all ... a great place to work and terrific colleagues