About the job
What you'll do
- Own the technical requirements process for product features by working with internal and external stakeholders
- You will prepare short- and long-term product roadmap
- You will collaborate with the technical writer and make sure that necessary documentation is updated and in place
- Define quantitative accuracy and performance goals for the underlying technology in the context of application solutions; this includes involvement in relevant benchmarking activities
- Engage closely with Research and Engineering units on best technical implementation methods as well as reasonable execution schedules
- Investigate and understand market dynamics of competing technology solutions
- Work closely with R&D and innovation teams to explore new technologies.
What you bring
- 4+ years of work experience
- 3+ years of experience with Java and/or C#
- Desire to share your expertise with the colleagues daily
- Ability to read technical documents and specifications carefully and understand their meaning and cross-relations deeply, transforming that into project architecture
- Degree in Computer Science or another technical field, or comparable hands-on experience
- Strong critical thinking and pragmatic problem-solving skills
You will thrive in this role if
- Have experience in Product Management
- You have a bachelor's Degree in software engineering
- Detailed knowledge of Java and/or .NET/C#
- You are an experienced team player who works effectively with others across disciplines, functions and organizations.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- You are a self-starter, accustomed to working in a fast-changing environment who enjoys and takes pride in delivering compelling value propositions to market
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- You are able to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment
- You are an experienced team player who works effectively with others across disciplines, functions and organizations
- Knowledge of iText or PDF is a definite asset.
iText is a fast growing technology company. The company’s flagship product is an open source software library to create and manipulate PDF documents in Java and .Net(C#). There are currently millions of iText users, both open source and commercial. iText’s customers (software developers, technology vendors, software integrators) range through the fields of technology, financial, public, government and health care sectors including many of the Fortune 500 companies. iText has dedicated international teams with offices in Belgium (Ghent), Asia (Singapore and Korea) and in the USA (Boston).
As an international scale-up, we aim for yearly growth that opens many opportunities. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven company, who are not afraid to stretch themselves in a fun environment and focus on impact and growth.
What we promise you
- Extensive learning opportunities (not only in PDF technologies),
- An international atmosphere with a great team diversity,
- Motivating compensation & benefits program,
- Throughout the year you will be invited to several teambuilding and fun activities,
- State-of-the-art office space, with even the possibility for some R&R in our fully equipped 'Cosy Corner' (coffee, sodas, fresh fruits and cookies, ...),
- Ability to work in a modern office building and the chance to meet like-minded people, as 'our' tower houses lots of other leading international technology start-ups,
- In-house restaurant in the building, with delicious food choice, and with discount for iText employees,
- Easy access for car, bike and public transport, closeby to all main access roads, railway station etc.,
- But above all ... a great place to work and terrific colleagues