What you'll do
- Analyse customers' needs by collaborating closely with sales and engineering team
- Create product requirements that are later to be consumed by the engineering and QA team
- Collaborate with engineering team for prioritizing work, determining the best technical solutions, tracking ongoing development and
- Evaluate market competition by comparing the iText products to competitors' products
- Prepare short and long term product roadmap
- Determine upcoming software releases together with sales, marketing and engineering team
- Collaborate with technical writer and make sure that necessary documentation is in place
- Determine product pricing considering all the projected costs and competitors
- Actively participate sales cycle and get valuable information from current customers
- Join workshops, conferences to maintain professional knowledge
What you bring:
- At least a Master's degree or equal by experience
- Working knowledge on Java and/or .NET is a big plus
- A team player who can collaborate with engineers, sales executives, and other cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication & data presentation skills, ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
You will thrive in this role if
- You are passionate about IT, particularly about software development practices, processes and technologies. We are looking for teammates who can speak concretely and passionately about why you want to do this work.
- You are a team and community player: You recognize and value the need to work cross-functionally, internally and externally, and are always looking for ways to “connect the dots”.
- You possess good judgement: You’re able to set goals and priorities with an understanding of tradeoffs.
- You approach work with strong sense of ownership: As a startup, we’re building the plane as we fly it, which means you need to take initiative, have comfort with ambiguity, be open to learning and growing, and execute when things are less than perfect.
- You’re always “on”: You pay attention to the latest trends; you love reading and experimenting. You use these insights to drive your ideas and creativity.
iText is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Europe. The company's flagship product is an open source software library to create and manipulate PDF documents in Java and .Net(C#). There are currently millions of iText users, both open source and commercial. iText's customers (software developers, technology vendors, software integrators) range through the fields of technology, financial, public, government and health care sectors including many of the Fortune 500 companies. iText has dedicated international teams with offices in Belgium (Ghent), Asia (Singapore) and in the USA (Boston).
At iText we attach great importance to team play. We often hold team events and host a kickoff event every year with all international staff to ensure our entire team has time to get to know each other.
What we promise you
- Ample learning opportunities (not only in PDF technologies).
- and a fun work environment and French Fries on Friday.
- Rewarding compensation packages.
- Great team diversity.
- An international atmosphere.