Thank you for your interest in our advanced debugging PDFs add-on - pdfDbug, we hope you will enjoy using our product and share your experiences with us and the iText community. We will walk you through the installation process, from downloading iText 7 pdfDebug to setting it up in your IDE.
Finally, if you would require extra help please have a look at our FAQs or the community discussion at StackOverflow. If you are interested in getting support of our in-house developers and/or a license key for commercial iText products, you will need to acquire a commercial license.
Before you install
- If you want to use pdfDebug for non-commercial purposes, make sure you have read and agreed upon the AGPL license. All downloads we offer open-sourcce come with the AGPL license model.
- Make sure you have purchased a commercial license of iText 7 Core and pdfDebug - if for commercial purposes. All downloads we offer closed-source come with our commercial license model.
- For closed-source pdfDebug installation , download and install the proper license key library.
- Download the modules (.jar) of iText 7 Core/Community from Maven Central or the iText Artifactory Server.
- Install iText 7 Core or Community.
- Important remark: in the installation guide we use Eclips as IDE for Java.
- Download Eclipse: to install this solution to your Eclipse installation, ensure that:
- Eclipse is launched and that you click and hold the mouse button while dragging the Install button icon over the Eclipse workspace and then drop it, by releasing the mouse button, onto an open Workspace.
- You have the Eclipse Marketplace Client (mpc). This will appear in the Help menu as 'Eclipse Marketplace...', and is included with all of the packages available from the Eclipse download page (except Classic Package).
Using the Eclipse Marketplace Client
iText 7 pdfDebug is available on Eclipse Marketplace. Simply open your Eclipse environment. Go to https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/itext-7-pdfdebug to download pdfDebug - this is done by dragging the install button to your Eclipse enviroment. A installation window pops-up, confirm to all + confirm. You will get a warning window, just press yes two times. Eclips will be restarted. Go to Eclipse Marketplace Client in your Eclipse environment, and check if pdfDebug is in the install tab.
Use the PDF writer in debug mode, you can activate the debug mode in iText 7 by using following code: PdfWriter writer = new PdfWriter("output.pdf", new WriterProperties().useDebugMode());
When debugging, a PdfDocument instance will be displayed with the pdfDebug view.