As these are maintenance releases, there are no major new features. Hereby, a quick overview per product of the fixes and improvements included in the new release.
iText 7 Core/Community 7.0.3
- Improvements for smart mode (= reusing identical resources) and copying pages with form fields.
- Added ECDSA algorithm OIDs.
- Table layout improvements.
- Fixed XXE vulnerability.
- Various improvements for layout algorithms.
- Maintenance release.
- Clean up of the API.
- Updated dependencies for hyphenation and Asian fonts.
License Key Library 2.0.4
- More user friendly error handling.
- Fixed XXE vulnerability.
iText 7.0.3 Core
- DEVSIX-1228: Copy in Smart Mode: Documents with many pages take up huge memory space
- DEVSIX-1232: text alignment justified is not applied correctly for Tamil
- DEVSIX-1273: XXE vulnerability in PdfReader when parsing XFA
- DEVSIX-1304: Javadocs jars are empty
- DEVSIX-1094: PdfSweep mangles the .pdf
- DEVSIX-1145: Html2Pdf and Layout: Review Html2Pdf css media print test with Float property
- DEVSIX-1154: Incorrect table border is drawn when colspans are set
- DEVSIX-1185: When height of column renderer is too small text does not proceed to next area
- DEVSIX-1190: Layout: exception on second layout of tables when empty row has been removed
- DEVSIX-1198: pdfXfa: review failed test in .Net version
- DEVSIX-1204: PdfImageXObject.GetImageBytes() goes into eternal loop (.NET only)
- DEVSIX-1208: PdfSimpleFont.decodeIntoGlyphLine cannot handle Type3 font
- DEVSIX-1234: Auto-sizing of fonts not done in PdfSignatureAppearance
- DEVSIX-1235: better colorspace support
- DEVSIX-1244: Unnamed fields put at incorrect place in hierarchy
- DEVSIX-1249: Layouting tables results in exception with immediateFlush=false
- DEVSIX-1280: Tabs are only applied to one inline element following the tab
- DEVSIX-1102: Merging a document with outlines triggers a PdfException
- DEVSIX-1103: Merging a document with outlines created in Adobe DC drops the outlines
- DEVSIX-1106: Investigate: column widths not respected when adding image/barcode
- DEVSIX-1118: Ignore /Differences entries that come out over 255 in extraction
- DEVSIX-1126: Html2Pdf: Some images not correctly retrieved from href
- DEVSIX-1167: pdfSweep does not sweep at the correct location
- DEVSIX-1173: Signature Appearance not added when page has a pre-existing anots array that is indirectly referenced.
- DEVSIX-1197: Initial nbsp gets ignored
- DEVSIX-1202: License Key: Version number w/ 4 digits
- DEVSIX-1203: License Key: Version Instantiation w/ exception being rethrown in catch clause
- DEVSIX-1229: pdfHTML: Tagged Pdf, <a> tags not tagged as Link
- DEVSIX-1231: Text Alignment using pdf2html : content is not justified
- DEVSIX-1233: Deferred Signing: Nullpointer exception when signing deferred in append mode
- DEVSIX-1237: PdfTextExtractor: allow GraphicsState as PdfStream ?
- DEVSIX-1259: Typography: Tamil cluster not recognized as such
- DEVSIX-1261: pdfXfa: Incorrect Flattening of XFA which contains Chinese content
- DEVSIX-1262: Layout: FixedPosition y-position lost for large tables
- DEVSIX-414: Word spacing doesn't work for composite fonts
- DEVSIX-1171: FontProvider refactoring
- DEVSIX-1188: Layout: allow overriding accessible attributes
- DEVSIX-917: Html2Pdf: conversion of lists to Pdf/A
- DEVSIX-1008: Html2Pdf: support page-break css properties
- DEVSIX-1048: Html2Pdf: support counters
- DEVSIX-1057: TableRenderer refactoring: review borders handling
- DEVSIX-1141: Limit lookback buffer of autosweep strategy
- DEVSIX-1199: Set initial ID
- DEVSIX-1205: pdfXfa: Change licensekey dependency to regular branch. Add tests.
- DEVSIX-1223: Margin collapse shouldn't be applied if float property is present
- DEVSIX-1250: Process tables with big footers / headers
- DEVSIX-1251: pdfXfa: Use iText7 versions of hyph and font-asian libraries
- DEVSIX-1252: TableWidth documentation
- DEVSIX-1254: Floating functionality overlaps float elements when they do not fit in available area
- DEVSIX-925: Html2Pdf: better support for white-space css property
- DEVSIX-1044: Fix attached list of Javadoc warnings
- DEVSIX-1061: Extend table correctly if HEIGHT/MIN_HEIGHT is applied
- DEVSIX-1093: Review AffineTransform class
- DEVSIX-1107: Refactor large table's borders processing in the context of current border changes
- DEVSIX-1108: Layout: Float elements inside tables
- DEVSIX-1117: Merge border_refactoring into develop and update all outdated cmps
- DEVSIX-1121: Provide constructor with File parameter for PdfWriter and PdfReader
- DEVSIX-1125: Investigate who "wins" in collapsing (table/cell/footer/header border) and make changes
- DEVSIX-1153: Git pull requests
- DEVSIX-1210: Implement MIN/MAX height for Images
- DEVSIX-1218: Copy font-information from form
- DEVSIX-1221: Tables: fix background for collapsed borders drawing
- DEVSIX-1241: Paragraphs with rotation in tables: incorrect width calculation
- DEVSIX-1253: Do not write StructParents for pages if it is not necessary
- DEVSIX-1260: CompareTool: number tree comparison
- DEVSIX-1276: Inconsistent table layout()
- DEVSIX-1060: Process alignment and splitting tricky case
- DEVSIX-1286: Support specifying security provider in LtvVerification and LtvVerifier
- DEVSIX-1096: Implement support for /E (expansion text)
- DEVSIX-1182: Implement new requirements for the PDF 2.0 dig sigs support
- DEVSIX-1186: Font resizing inside of Acroforms
- DEVSIX-1246: Investigate ECDSA
- Layout: Float elements investigation
- Html2Pdf: Investigate <form> and related tags
- Html2Pdf: support CSS property @font-face
- Max width for tables in case nested table
- Initial implementation of new PDF 2.0 tag set
- Investigate differences PDF 1.7 and 2.0
- .NET port of pdfXfa
- PDF 2.0: Review AES-256 encryption
- PDF 2.0: Review dig sig
- PDF 2.0 and digital signatures: create tests set
- PDF 2.0: AES 256 sample with form fields
- PDF 2.0: Dig sig incremental update sample
- Release iText 7 Core for .NET Standard 1.6
- Core: location extraction strategy
- Add PdfBoolean.valueOf(boolean)
- Smart mode: fix serialization and improve caching
- Add trial "carte blanche" mechanism
- Use iText 5 cert to detect if license key is an iText 5 license
- Stable FontRegisterProvider for tests
- README.md for .NET port