A powerful template engine that converts data into iText-quality PDFs
iText DITO is a collaborative solution for developers and business users that simplifies the process of creating and maintaining PDFs, such as invoices, credit card statements, reports and more.
iText DITO creates an efficient process where developers can focus on the integration and generation aspect of PDF creation, freeing them to focus on other higher-value tasks. That allows other users with a less tech-oriented background profile, to create, design and maintain templates for PDF documents.
iText DITO, for documents built jointly by the Business and by IT.
iText DITO on MuleSoft Anypoint Exchange
The iText DITO API Connector is available on MuleSoft Anypoint Exchange for your convenience. Connect with the MuleSoft ecosystem and use data from any system to generate PDFs.
Why use iText DITO?
iText DITO helps you reduce time and cost of document automation projects. It is your ideal solution if you are looking to:
- Mass-generate ISO-compliant PDF documents,
- Leverage data, wherever it resides,
- Design and create accessible PDF/UA documents (for Section 508 compliance and more),
- Empower business users to own their document templates and easily incorporate company assets (such as logos, branding, header or footer information).
iText DITO is comprised of three parts:
- an intuitive front-end WYSIWYG template designer
- a powerful PDF production SDK/API developed from the esteemed iText 7 SDK, and
- the iText DITO Manager to make template creation and resource management even easier.
Together you have a template solution capable of generating a few hundred to a few hundred thousand PDF documents per day.
iText DITO can be used in combination with a database, to either extract data for processing or input information from your database into the documents automatically.
It's a perfect solution for organizations looking to collaboratively and intelligently manage information, while also reducing developer workload.
iText DITO is scalable, robust, capable of mass volume and ideal for large enterprise usage.
The iText DITO SDK gives developers the flexibility to integrate its functionality into existing processes and can be customized to meet your document workflow requirements.
It is available as either a native Java version, a command-line version, or a Docker image with a straightforward and programming language agnostic RESTful API for convenient deployment and scaling.
Fast and convenient
iText DITO reduces the time to develop templates. It makes both maintenance and updating of templates easier and faster.
iText DITO uses an interface to build templates via drag and drop, replacing cumbersome coding. It also includes easy to use wizards for features such as:
- conditional content to show or hide content based on set conditions
- conditional formatting to style data bindings based on their values
- filtered loops to display a subset of items in an array
- generating 1D and 2D barcodes from your input data, with a wide range of barcode formats supported
- assisting with template design for generating accessible PDF/UA compliant documents
- generating line and column charts based on data in an array
Fast template development for health reporting with iText DITO
New Ocean Health, a leading software design and development company, uses iText DITO, our new solution for template-based PDF generation, to integrate with their Enterprise Health Management platform.
They use iText DITO to process and format data from their customers' users, populate a report template and then transform it into PDF format.
This case study describes how iText DITO saved them invaluable time and resources.
pdfHTML, convert HTML and CSS into standards compliant PDFs
Are you looking for a code-based way to convert HTML to PDF, with options to extend that functionality with custom tag handling, page events, and more? Try pdfHTML, our add-on for iText 7 Core.
iText pdf2Data, easily recognize and extract data from documents
Now you’ve got template-based PDF creation solved, are you interested in a solution for intelligently extracting data from documents?