Introducing PDF and iText
Using iText's basic building blocks
Adding content at absolute positions
Organizing content in tables
Table, cell, and page events
Working with existing PDFs
Making documents interactive
Filling out interactive forms
Integrating iText in your web applications
Brightening up your PDF with color and images
Choosing the right font
Protecting your PDF
The imaging model
Page content and structure
iText in Action 2nd Edition
Search for "Java PDF" and what do you think is on top of the ranking? Why, iText, of course. Ever since its launch in 2000, this open source Java library has been the most popular and most broadly used tool for programmatic creation and manipulation of PDF. With it you can easily transform static PDF into live, interactive applications.
About the book
iText in Action, Second Edition is an entirely revised new version of the popular first edition. It introduces the latest version of iText, and it lowers the learning curve to its advanced features. Following its innovative, practical examples, you'll master new form types, including AcroForm, explore the XML Forms Architecture (XFA), and discover techniques for linking documents, creating a PDF based on records in a database, and much more.
- Automate static and dynamic XFA forms
- How to generate dynamic PDF from XML or a database
- How to add digital signatures
- Covers iText 5
Errata / Addenda
Check the Errata / Addenda pages to find out what has changed since the book was printed.
From the back cover
- "Deep coverage of both iText and PDFindispensable" Kevin Day, Trumpet Inc.
- "The classic, revised with practical code everyone can use." John S. Griffin, overstock.com
- "Masterful, comprehensive" Saicharan Manga, Services and Solutions
- "Invaluable examples... what you need is here." Paulo Soares, Glintt Business Solutions
- "The canonical source on iText" Michael Klink, AuthentiDate International