Discover iText Suite
iText Suite refers to the complete line of products comprising the open-source iText Core PDF library and its add-ons. The iText Suite is a fully-featured SDK for PDF development that allows you to seamlessly embed extensive PDF functionality into your software or workflows.
iText SDK available on AWS
iText is now available on the AWS Marketplace. iText Suite BYOL offers a wide range of common PDF tasks for developers to use at their utmost convenience using the REST API.
Why use iText Suite?
The iText Suite builds on over a decade of lessons learned from iText 5 (and iTextSharp) development. The latest release of iText, version 8, is a simpler, more performant and extensible library that is ready to handle the increased challenges of today's document workflows, one add-on at a time.
We believe the iText Suite is the best PDF SDK out there. With the open-source iText Core PDF library at its heart, and a whole range of add-on functionality, it's no wonder iText is considered "the developers choice" for PDF. Check out what's available in the iText Suite below.
Modular structure and intuitive APIs
- Future extensibility.
- Gentle learning curve with extensive documentation and examples
Customizable and extensible
- Comprehensive out of the box functionality, with the flexibility to extend and customize.
- Focus on easy integration and open standards.
Latest standards and best practices
- Unicode for bookmarks, PDF names, PDF strings, passwords, etc.
- Up to date hashing and encryption algorithms for digital signatures and document security.
- Support for multi-gigabyte files and documents with thousands of pages.
Main Capabilities of the iText Suite
The iText Suite SDK extends the capabilities of the iText Core PDF library with a wide range of open and closed-source add-ons. These add-ons provide Java and .NET (C#) developers with specialized and extensible APIs; enabling you to access advanced PDF typography features, create PDF documents from HTML & CSS templates, securely redact sensitive or confidential data, convert scanned documents into searchable and archivable PDFs, render images from PDF documents, flatten dynamic XFA forms, convert Microsoft Office documents, and optimize PDFs for speed and file size.
See the complete list of iText Suite features to learn more.
Open source add-ons
Like the iText Core PDF library, our open-source add-ons can be used for free under the AGPL conditions.
- pdfHTML: Convert HTML & CSS to PDF
- pdfSweep: Securely redact data from PDF
- pdfOCR: Convert scanned documents, PDFs and images into fully searchable PDF/A-3u compliant format
Alternatively, a commercial license releases you from copyleft restrictions, gives you professional support, and much more. Visit our License Model page to learn more.
Closed source add-ons
The closed-source iText Core add-ons are commercially licensed. Visit our License Model page to learn more.
- pdfCalligraph: Transparent support for advanced PDF typography features for complex languages and writing systems
- pdfOffice: Accurate conversion of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents to PDF
- pdfOptimizer: Reduce PDF file size with configurable optimization strategies
- pdfRender: Generate pixel-perfect image renders of PDF documents
- pdfXFA: Flatten dynamic XFA to static PDF for further processing
Extensible add-on APIs
Regular quarterly updates
Every quarter, we release a new version of the iText Core PDF library and any updated add-ons for the iText Suite PDF SDK. See our Knowledge Base for the latest releases.